At the age of 6 months an infant seeks to know the surrounding world. There comes time, when communication and games with a child move to a new level. In addition to usual concerns about weight, health and nutrition, parents begin facing problems ensuring a child’s safety.
At six months, a child’s foundation of language skills takes place: understanding what he hears and an ability to speak. By the end of the sixth month, many children begin to pronounce syllables unconsciously, although still do not bind them to external objects: «ma-ma», «da-da», «la-la» - these are not words yet, but an important phase of training speech skills.
At six months a baby begins learning the world.
* Try to talk more with a baby, but talk slowly, and with simple phrases (eg, «this is dad’s bag», «here is a ball», «small dog»), to allow him better capturing sounds, intonation, understand words. Show and name various simple objects: animals, people.
Pay attention to the quality of objects: shape, color, texture, for example, «green ball», «fluffy kitten». Simulate sounds of animals, for example, «Duck - quack-quack», «dog - woof-woof». Also ask him where to find a subject, for example, «where is a cube?». Tell your child poems and sing songs, constantly repeating them. Start teaching your child to books, reading small fairy tales with bright illustrations.
* Frequently ask your child to perform simple actions, such as, «Give Grandma a bear» or «Say bye-bye». If a child does not understand you, show what you asked for.
* Try not to raise voice in a child’s presence, do not quarrell, children are very sensitive to atmosphere in a family.
Fidget learns the world
A child became curious and draws anything he gets in his mouth. To learn the world around, he constantly needs mom, which can deliver him up to an interesting object, and a way to attract her attention - crying. Besides, a kid becomes more interested in toys.
* Start offering a child developmental toys with mirrors, opening doors, cups, buttons, wheels, lights, tones, etc.
* Give your child an opportunity to grow, experimenting with toys: larrup, bend, throw, tear.
* Avoid small objects (buttons, beads, coins)! If you have not kept track, and he suddenly choked with a small object or, worse, breathed it, hold a child by the feet upside down, tap on his back. Call 911 immediately.
Kid and safety
Since early age, be consistent while upbringing your child. You cannot prohibit «everything», plenty of restrictions leads to their permanent breach. In doing so, too much permissiveness can also be dangerous for a baby. Therefore, it’s time to critically look at your apartment.
* Remove drugs, chemicals for cleaning, etc. Leave things a baby can take. Fix lower drawers of cabinets so that they would not open or put special limiters on them, so that a kid would not nip fingers and put «safe» things inside. Remove your favorite vazes and boxes for a while. Close access to sockets. After all of these measures, range of prohibitions will be significantly reduced, but they must be intact. If not, then always!
* Keep in mind, falling even with low sofas can be dangerous for a child. It is better to teach him climbing down from the sofa or bed (foot forward) before he learns climbing there himself.
Be healthy! Get pleasure from communication with a baby! Discover the world with him!