Very often, we’re extremely careless with our legs. But summer trips and hypostases force us to take care of them regular. Let’s start from simple gymnastics: legs up! Legs are great “workaholics”. They “work” every day, since morning till night, bearing the whole body weight. As gratitude, they require elementary attention: everyday care and good shoes.
Measure of care for legs is proportionate to our common state of health: all internal is thrown on feet. Cardiovascular diseases or diseases of kidneys can be a reason of regular feet hypostases. Carelessness for flat-foot can lead to deformation of toes or more serious complications. So, make a point of taking care about your legs.
It is desirable to rub cream into legs while massaging them. Legs massage is a combination of stroking, rubbing and stretching motions. Start it with a foot. Massage feet and shanks, rising up to a knee-joint little by little (3-4 times). Then massage each toe from tip to basis, then work up the whole foot. Finish massage with stroking (3-4 times).
NO TIREDNESS, NO SWEAT
While heightened feet perspiration, it’s recommended to use talc or make foot baths, adding boric acid or borax (1 teaspoon on a basin). After such procedure it’s very good to rub space between toes and sprinkle them with a powder, made of a mixture of 6 teaspoons of borax, 6 teaspoons of talc and 1 teaspoon of boric acid. Put on socks before going to bed. Don’t wash feet in the morning.
• Oak rind bath (from perspiration). Put 1 table-spoon of rind in a glass of boiling water, draw it 203 hours; add the infusion into the water for a foot bath.
DROUGHT AGAIST FUNGUS
Fungoid diseases, strangely enough, strike very cleanly people. To avoid problems, try to keep your feet dry always. In the evening, it’s necessary to rinse feet and wipe dry all spaces between toes.
If you see chaps, itch, redness, dub skin between toes with iodine. In more serious cases, use anti- fungoid liniment.
GYMNASTICS FOR LEGS
Gymnastics for legs is very useful: tiptoe for a while, then on side surface of feet, on a rubber rug or in massage plimsolls. While having a vacation, try to walk in water and on pebble on your bare feet. Care about your feet prevents varicose veins. As preventive measures, an exercise “cycling” and walking the wall are effective.
Pedicure – is not only a true sign of real love for yourself, but also a pleasant method to bring your feet round.
Only a beauty shop and experienced master can provide you a professional procedure. Search for your master in a beauty shop with good reputation, non-permanent instruments and sterile linen. Any infection threatens with months of painful treatment. If you mastered a technique of pedicure by yourself, don’t forget:
• take a warm soapy foot bath beforehand;
• disinfect instruments;
• cutting off nails, don’t round off their edges;
• try not to damage tender cuticle of toes, as wounds are painful and heal up long.
• If you have been walking intensively or standing for a long during a day, don’t go to bed until you take off foot tiredness with the help of cream, bath or massage.
• Avoid wearing uncomfortable tight shoes on a high unstable heel. Don’t save money on expensive, comfortable shoes.
• If you have problems with foot - flat-foot, toes deformation, - buy shoes with arch supporters or insert them in your new shoes.
• Use a special foot cream regularly. Try to buy the one, which contains extracts of horse-chestnut, caffeine, field horse-tail or other ingredients that improve circulation of the blood and lymph circulation.
• In the evening, although for 30 minutes, lie down the floor and raise your legs or lean them against the wall.
• After exercising, take a foot bath. If you have time, take warm and cold baths in turns (hot water temperature should be 40-50°C, cold water temperature - 20°). Sitting on a chair, put feet firstly in a basin of hot water, then of cold water, repeat this 8-10 times (feet should stay in hot water 3 times longer, than in cold). Finish the procedure in cold water. You can add chamomile, dried lime-blossoms or nettle extracts in a basin with hot water. After bath, dry feet carefully, and then rub cream.