Months and years accumulate, but your marriage still needs a healthy dose of romance to add spice, delight, and fun. It’s not enough to just start out with a sizzling romance.
Living together can promote losing that special romantic spark. It’s all-too-easy to lose the role of lover along the way. When this happens, spouses often start relating to each other as they would to a friend or a sibling. Parents can begin to feel they are only “business partners” joined together to raise their children and keep the household running.
Your daily work schedule is grueling, you’re always short on time and energy, and you’re not sure what to do? Let’s try to find out the methods of romancing your marriage.
1. Your spouse’s interests and hobbies should be also very important for you, little gifts, such as a new CD, a book, or theater/concert/sports tickets will express your care. Do not forget about birthday, holiday, and anniversary gifts, plus just surprise gifts.
2. Foot massages, shoulder massages, and full-body massages will delight your spouse. Use some great-smelling lotion handy and take ten minutes to massage your spouse’s tired feet at the end of a long work day. Note: If you expect to be rewarded for your efforts by sex, you won’t accumulate any points for being romantic. Your spouse will just think you have an ulterior motive when you offer a massage in the future.
3. Sweet cards and letters can be romantic, as can emails and phone messages that share your feelings and passion. Handwritten letters sent through the mail are becoming more and more of a rarity. However, they are most romantic of all letters and messages.
4. Find possibilities to spoil your spouse. Leave him sleeping in late while you watch the kids, or just allow him sit down and relax while you are doing the kitchen. Hugs and kisses are of great help everywhere.
5. Tell your friends ad relatives about your spouse’s good qualities. You can also do this when you’re talking on the phone and know that your spouse is within listening range. And remind often your sweet words about him.
6. Most women love to receive beautiful fresh flowers or a box of delicious chocolate candy. Both husbands and wives can appreciate the efforts of a partner to put together an intimate, special home-cooked meal by candlelight with music playing and flowers on the table.
7. Framed picture of the two of you in a setting that will bring back pleasant memories is a great sign of your love. Another option is to frame a picture of your spouse that shows him or her in a flattering way and let your partner know how much you love the photo. Keep it on your nightstand, computer, dresser, or desk and let your spouse see you looking at it admiringly.
8. Plan a surprise weekend outing. Call and make all the arrangements ahead of time. It might be as simple as planning a picnic at a nearby scenic spot. You might prepare the surprise picnic lunch when your spouse is in the shower. Or you might make arrangements for a restaurant to pack a gourmet lunch for the two of you that you could pick up on your way out of town.
9. Music can also set a romantic tone. If you see a movie that you both enjoyed a lot, you might consider buying the sound track as a surprise gift the following week. You could also select a song that you both like and call it “our song”. Or you could pick a song and tell your spouse that it reminds you of him or her for some positive reason.
10. Celebrate every occasion you can think of—the anniversary of the day you met, when you became engaged, your marriage anniversary, your birthdays, seeing the full moon, and anything else you can come up with. You can toast with champagne and perhaps have a celebration meal.